Message from Dr. Maria Silvera
I’m looking forward to meeting you personally. Santa Maria Periodontics provides comprehensive periodontal services including treatment of gum disease, cosmetic procedures, and dental implants.
My staff and I are here to support you. We are committed to ensuring your comfort and successful treatment in a pleasant state-of-the-art practice. After a thorough review of your needs, goals and desires, I will discuss with you the diagnosis, treatment options, prognosis, fees and estimated time required for your treatment.
A little about me:
- I enjoy meeting new people, dancing to swing, salsa, merengue, etc.
- For adventure, I enjoy scuba diving, skiing and travelling.
- I also enjoy life’s simple pleasures like going to movies, dining out and taking walks.
- I love to learn!
- Participating in continuing education courses approved by the American Dental Association in periodontics (gum disease), dental implants, oral pathology and wound healing highlight my love of learning.
- I enjoy assisting people improve their periodontal and overall health!
- Whenever possible my main goal and passion is in helping people to save their teeth, by helping them get their gum disease under control.
- However, if the gum disease is too advanced to save some affected teeth, then the next and second best option is in replacing teeth with dental implants.
Interesting trivia: Tale of two cities with the name of Rochester
- I am a graduate of the Mayo Clinic Advanced Educational Program in Periodontics in Rochester, MN.
- Also have a PhD in immunology from the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY.
Story behind compound last name of Silvera Portacio
- I was born in Colombia, S.A.
- My name uses Colombian naming customs.
- The first or paternal family name is Silvera.
- The second or maternal family name is Portacio.
- Therefore making a compound last name Silvera Portacio.